Stocks to Watch – Augusta Resource Corp. (USA) (NYSEAMEX: AZC)
Augusta Resource Corporation (the Company) is base metals Company engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural mineral resource properties. The Company’s goals is to build and operate a world-class Rosemont mine while developing a vigorous portfolio of assets in North America which focuses on organic growth in the earliest stage of acquisition. The Company’s experience and the strength of its management team, coupled with high class infrastructure project sets it to become one of the leading copper development and mining company.
At present, he Company’s only material property is the Rosemont copper property located in Pima County, Arizona which is primarily a copper mining project with appreciable amounts of molybdenum and silver by-products. It hosts a large copper/molybdenum reserve of 5.2 billion pounds of copper and 161 million pounds of molybdenum.
The property consists of:
- 132 patented lode claims consisting of about 797 hectares
- contiguous package of 949 unpatented lode mining claims consisting of (4,860 hectares which surround the core of patented claims.
- 10 blocks of fee land associated with the property, consisting of a number of individual parcels that enclose an additional 911 acres (369 hectares).
The project is almost at the last stages of acquiring permit and the record of decision is expected to be released on the 3rd quarter of 2012 while the construction is expected to begin in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the same year. Once Rosemont is in operation, produce 221 million pounds of copper per year, which could account for as much as 10% of US copper output thereby making it to be one of the largest copper mines in the United States.
Augusta Resource Corp. (USA) (NYSEAMEX: AZC) 52 week: 2.10 – 5.55 Mkt cap: 369.14M Shares: 144.20M
Stocks to Watch – AudioCodes Ltd. (NASDAQ: AUDC)
Incorporated in 1992, AudioCodes Ltd. (the Company) is engaged in designing, developing and selling of products for voice and data over packet networks. The products of the Company provide the media a gateway element in the network and voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) which in turn includes Internet Protocol Phones and VoIP mobile clients. The Company categorizes its products into two main business lines namely: network and technology which facilitate the transmission of voice, data and fax over packet networks. Network products consist of the following:
- customer premises equipment (CPE)
- gateways for the enterprise and service provider (or carrier) markets
- carrier-grade-oriented low- and mid-density media gateways for service providers.
Networking products of the Company would include the following:
- analog media gateways for toll bypass
- residential gateways, hosted, access and enterprise applications;
- digital media gateways with various capacities for wireless, wireline, cable, enterprise, fixed mobile convergence, and unified communications;
- multi-service business gateways for integrated voice, data and security access for service providers connecting enterprise customers to their network and for the enterprise branch office;
- IP phones for enterprise and managed services service providers;
- mobile VoIP access solutions; media servers for enhanced voice and video services and functionalities, such as conferencing, video sharing and messaging (IPmedia Media Servers), and value-added applications for unified communications.
The Company’s Technology products on the other hand serves as building block for network level products. These would include the following:
- voice over packet processors;
- VoIP communication boards;
- media processing boards for enhanced services and functionalities
- voice and data logging hardware integration board products.
The Company competes with several other companies, to wit:
- Cisco Systems, Inc.,
- Mediatrix Telecom, Inc.,
- Vega Stream Limited,
- Innovaphone AG,
- Net.com/Quintum Technologies,
- Tainet Communication System Corp.,
- Ascii Corp.,
- D-Link Systems, Inc.,
- Multitech Inc.,
- OKI, LG.,
- Pirelli Broadband (ADB),
- Bewan (Pace),
- ACME Packets (Covergence),
- Sonus Networks,
- General Bandwidth,
- Commatch (Telrad),
- Veraz Networks,
- Texas Instruments,
- Surf and Mindspeed.,
- Dialgic/NMS Communications/Cantata
- and PIKA Technologies, Inc.
AudioCodes Ltd. (NASDAQ: AUDC) 52 week: 2.28 – 6.39 Mkt cap: 98.07M Shares: 41.20M
Stocks to Watch – Athersys Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHX)
Incorporated in 1995, Athersys, Inc. Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company which is engaged in the discovery and development of therapeutic product candidates. The Company has established a pipeline of therapeutic product development programs in multiple disease areas. The company’s product development portfolio includes MultiStem, a stem cell product that it had developed as a treatment for multiple disease indications, and is being evaluated in clinical trials. Treatment for obesity and related metabolic conditions are likewise developed by the Company by focusing on the development of compounds which would act through the stimulation of a specific receptor in the brain that controls appetite. It also focuses on the development of small molecule compounds for the treatment of certain neurological conditions, and for the modulation of stem cells or related applications in the regenerative medicine area. In 2010, the Company together with RTI Biologics Inc. entered into an agreement for the development and commercialization of multiptent adult progenitor cell technology-based biologic implants which are used for orthopedic applications.
Through MultiStem, The Company has established therapeutic product development programs for the treatment of certain areas including:
- cardiovascular disease,
- neurological disease
- immune system disorders.
In the year 2010, several programs had been created by the company under the clinical development stage. These programs include the following
- Phase II clinical study which involves the administration of MultiStem to patients suffering from Ulcerative colitis, which study is authorized by the US Food and Drug Administation
- Phase I clinical study involving administration of MultiStem to patients suffering from an acute myocardial infarction (AMI), more commonly referred to as a heart attack
- Phase I clinical study involving administration of MultiStem to patients suffering from leukemia or certain other blood-borne cancers.
Athersys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHX) 52 week: 1.00 – 3.02 Mkt cap: 40.57M Shares: 29.40M
Stocks to Watch – Asure Software Inc. (NASDAQ: ASUR)
Incorporated in 1985, Asure Software Inc. (the Company) provides Web-based workforce management solutions which would enable organizations to manage their office environment and human resource and payroll processes. The workforce management solutions include the following services:
- scheduling software,
- human resource and time and attendance software,
- complementary hardware devices to its software products,
- software maintenance and support,
- installation and training
- other professional services.
The two product lines in which the company offers its workforce management solutions are NetSimplicity and iEmployee. The NetSimplicity line of software enables corporations, educational institutions, healthcare facilities and law firm both in the United States and across the globe a more manage shared office space, equipment, assets and resources. The Company provides for Meeting Room Manager which is marketed both on an in-house installed, perpetual license basis, and on a hosted subscription, software-as-a-service (SaaS) basis. This Meeting Room Manager has evolved into a scheduling solution which would enable organizations to better manage their meeting environment through the management of meeting room environment namely:
- catering, audio/video (A/V),
- setup and other resources and services.
In addition thereto, the Company also offers complementary LCD panels as an option as a means to gain access to its scheduling software and book rooms adhoc through panel interfaces.
On the other hand, the Company’s iEmployee suite of time and attendance and human resources software enables small to medium-sized businesses to transition to an online, self-service human resources process. These iEmployee products are offered on a hosted subscription, SaaS basis thereby saves customers the need to install software or maintain hardware and provides customers a quick and easy way to implement a fully-automated human resource information system solution. All the more, these products are integrated with payroll and benefits providers which would allow customers to advance to online, self-service human resource without switching costs.
The Company’s two primary iEmployee products are Time & Attendance and HR & Benefits. This one unified system would enable organizations to eliminate paper timekeeping hassles through the management of hourly time tracking, project time tracking and paid of time. In 2010, iEmployee TTG-400 Time clock was introduced by the Company which would allow employers to capture employee time punches with the use of wide range of biometric and card recognition options.
Asure Software Inc. (NASDAQ: ASUR) 52 week: 2.25 – 8.95 Mkt cap: 21.72M Shares: 3.09M
Stocks to Watch – Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp. Ltd. (NASDAQ: APWC)
A holding company incorporated in 1996, Asia Pacific Wire and Cable Corporation Limited (the Company) is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of telecommunications (copper and fiber optic) and power cable, and enameled wire products. These products are distributed all over the Asia Pacific Region more particularly in Singapore, China, Thailand and Australia. The Company not only produces its own wire and cable products but it also distributes and sells products made by Pacific Wire and Cable Company. The Company is likewise providing project engineering services for the supply, installation and delivery of power cables to its customers.
The principal business line of the Company consists of the following:
- manufacture of wire and cable products,
- distribution of its own manufactured products and of certain wire and cable products manufactured by PEWC,
- provision of project engineering services to certain of its customers.
A variety of wire and cable products are sold by the Company which are used in a wide range of infrastructure projects as well as in commercial and residential developments. The enameled wire products are used in the manufacture of components and sub-components of appliances and small machineries. On the other hand, electronic cables which comes in the form of cable harnesses are utilized in the following:
- building automation
- audio and communication industries.
The Company also produces a variety of bundled telecommunications cable which is used for telephone and data transmissions that may be used in various internal and external environments. These cables produced include copper-based and fiber optic cables. A range of armored and unarmored low voltage power transmission cable is also produced by the Company which is practically used to transmit electricity to and within commercial or residential buildings as well as street lights and other traffic signals. Lastly, the Company manufactures a wide array of enameled wires with sizes which are used in certain types of petroleum insulation materials like polyvinyl formal, polyurethane wire and polyester.
Asia Pacific Wire & Cable (NASDAQ: APWC) 52 week: 1.92 – 6.85 Mkt cap: 45.78M Shares: 13.83M